From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Minimal Gentoo with X
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 14:54:43
1 Shoka wrote:
2 > On 30.06.2010 15:56, Mark Knecht wrote:
5 >> /usr/src could be reduced to one source tree.
6 >>
7 >> HTH,
8 >> Mark
11 > Hi Mark,
12 >
13 > Unfortunately I don't fully understand. What do you mean by "reducing to
14 > one source tree"?
15 >
16 > Regards
17 > andré
21 If you have more than one kernel source installed, remove all but the
22 one you are using. I, for example, have three sources that I always
23 keep. One old kernel that I know works well, one that I am currently
24 using and one that I have not yet switched to yet. I tend to clean out
25 the rest.
26
27 Since space is a issue for you, you really only need the kernel sources
28 for the kernel you are using. One could argue that if you have a well
29 built kernel and don't plan to change it in the future, you could remove
30 its sources too. I would save a copy of the config tho.
31
32 Dale
33