From: Mike <mtreas@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] No kernel boot after inserting more ram
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 00:27:06
1 Just a thought... Did you enable High Memory support in your kernel?
2
3 Processor type and features --->
4 High Memory Support --->
5 (X) 4GB
8 On Jan 18, 2008 4:10 PM, Philip Webb <purslow@×××××××××.ca> wrote:
9
10 > 080118 José Pedro Saraiva wrote:
11 > > Hi all, wise gentoo users!
12 > > I've recently bought an extra GB of RAM for my laptop.
13 > > After inserting it, kernel refuses to boot, hangs at "Booting the
14 > kernel"
15 >
16 > The first thing is to re-insert the RAM very carefully,
17 > then to check that no other connections got dislodged accidentally.
18 > Just my bit of Gentoo wisdom (smile).
19 >
20 > --
21 > ========================,,============================================
22 > SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb : purslow@××××××××××××××.ca
23 > ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Centre for Urban & Community Studies
24 > TRANSIT `-O----------O---' University of Toronto
25 > --
26 > gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list
32 "Courage is doing what is right."
33
34 "Do not be bound to any doctrine, theory or ideology, even Buddhist ones.
35 All systems of thought are guiding means, not absolute truth." Thich Nhat
36 Hanh, Vietnamese monk.