From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] getting rid of KDE
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 07:13:23
1 On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 11:54:38PM -0700, Joseph wrote
2 > I have a problem getting rid of KDE (those meta package might be
3 > easy to install/upgrade but getting rid of them is not easy).
4
5 > When I run emerge -uDNav world I get:
6 >
7 > =x11-libs/qt-qt3support-4.7.2 kde
8 >
9 > =x11-libs/qt-webkit-4.7.2 kde
10 >
11 > My USE flags:
12 > USE="X gtk -qt4 -kde dvd alsa cdr cups apache2 ssl foomaticdb \
13 > ppds mysql -acl java tiff jpeg png usb udev scanner fam
14 > nptl truetype kpathsea type1 opengl tetex -arts hal dbus
15 > semantic-desktop "
16 >
17 > It is trying to pull IN some KDE packages as well, I don't know
18 > where package is pulling them?
19
20 Check your /etc/portage/package.use file. Does it have kde flags
21 anywhere in it? If so, you'll need to get rid of them to eradicate
22 kde.
25 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>