From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Gracefully shut down program by request through ssh?
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2010 00:12:34
1 Hi,
2 I was running VMWare and the program inside of Windows has crashed.
3 (Or maybe Windows crashed or maybe VMWare crashed - I cannot tell.)
4
5 Gentoo is still alive and I can log in and look around but the
6 mouse on that computer but its mouse is frozen so I cannot do anything
7 at its screen. It seems the keyboard is dead also.
8
9 top says there's nothing going on. No CPU cycles at all.
10
11 Is there a way for me to ask Linux to talk to VMWare and see if it
12 can shut itself down before I hit the reset button?
13
14 Thanks,
15 Mark