From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge of ksh93 erroring out.. who can interpret
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 09:45:11
1 On Monday 07 January 2008, Harry Putnam wrote:
2 > I'm having a time getting ksh93 to install (build error at the end)
3 >
4 > USE='static' emerge -v ksh93
5 >
6 > The only other use flag coming up was `nls'
7 >
8 > I wasn't real eager for `static' necessarily but without `static' had
9 > already failed and I saw it was a possible flag. Also it might be
10 > handy sometime in a trouble situation where only `/ ' is mounted.
11 >
12 > But that discussion is for some other time.
13 >
14 > Can anyone interpret this emerge failure and have some educated
15 > guesses what I should do to get it to compile. That message follows
16 > the eix output below.
17
18 http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-4210019.html?sid=a282fd302189d999924b214267ec5b90
19
20 especially last 4 posts
21
22 Apparently it's a bug, and has been fixed in later versions. You are
23 using a stable 2004 version, in your position I would unmask ksh and
24 emerge the latest unstable
28 Alan McKinnon
29 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com
30 --