From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE 5 : missing icons : more progress
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2016 20:13:08
1 On Friday 16 Sep 2016 13:37:58 Philip Webb wrote:
2 > 160916 Philip Webb wrote:
3 > > 160915 P Levine wrote:
4 > >>> 160913 Philip Webb wrote:
5 > >>> I've updated to KDE 5 , incl Gwenview + Oxygen-icons,
6 > >>> but even after a reboot the icons are not showing on the screen ;
7 > >
8 > > the Arch Forum has another suggestion, which improves things,
9 > > ie to create ~/.config/kdeglobals & include
10 > >
11 > > [Icons]
12 > > Theme=oxygen
13 > >
14 > > That gets the folder icons in the browse view,
15 > > tho' not the icons in the toolbars.
16 >
17 > I tried another brute-force approach,
18 > moved /usr/share/icons/hi-color to -/-/-/hicolor-dft
19 > & made a symlink -/-/-/hicolor -> oxygen .
20 > This has restored the toolbar icons, while folder icons remain ok.
21 >
22 > However :
23 > > I also have the other problem the Arch OP had encountered,
24 > > ie selecting items now requires a double-click. I added
25 > >
26 > > [KDE]
27 > > SingleClick=true
28 > >
29 > > but it has made no difference.
30 > >
31 > > Is there a help file somewhere listing possible lines in kdeglobals ?
32 >
33 > These 2 questions remain unanswered : can anyone offer suggestions ?
34
35 I am running Dolphin:
36
37 Version 16.04.3
38
39 Using:
40 KDE Frameworks 5.23.0
41 Qt 5.6.1 (built against 5.6.1)
42 The xcb windowing system
45 I am also running Konqueror:
46
47 Version 4.14.20
50 Since the update to 4.14.20, Konqueror has regained its ability to work as a
51 file manager, open directories/files with single click, have icons in its menu
52 bar and its drop down menus. From what I can tell it works as it always did
53 in the pre-plasma days.
54
55 Unlike Konqueror, Dolphin looks, feels and works like a half baked alpha
56 version software with missing functionality. No icons, have to double click
57 for everything and whatever else may still not work properly. I am guessing
58 that it is not yet ready for human consumption, but future versions will
59 hopefully work properly again. Until then I will continue to use Konqueror,
60 as I have always done under KDE2,3,4. :-)
63 Regards,
64 Mick