From: Shawn Singh <callmeshawn@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Help Configuring MoinMoin Wiki
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 16:07:38
1 Has anyone configured moinmon? I'm emerged it but when I try to access the
2 site I'm getting the following error:
3
4 Not Found
5
6 The requested URL /moinmoin/moin.cgi was not found on this server.
7
8 Apache Server at localhost Port 80
9
10 I can see the default page for apache at http://locahost, so I'm sure the
11 web server is running.
12
13 I followed directions provided at ( which may not have been what I needed
14 ... ):
15
16 http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/HelpMiscellaneous
17
18 Here is a configuration for virtual hosting with special permissions on
19 Gentoo Linux. The following configuration is for Apache2 config files. Just
20 put it all in httpd.conf for Apache 1.
21
22 Add this to /etc/apache2/conf/vhosts/vhosts.conf
23
24 NameVirtualHost *
25 <VirtualHost *>
26 ServerName www.domain.org
27 ServerAlias domain.org
28 DocumentRoot /var/www/domain.org/htdocs
29 </VirtualHost>
30
31 <VirtualHost *>
32 ServerName wiki.domain.org
33 Alias /wiki/ "/usr/share/moin/htdocs/"
34 Alias /favicon.ico "/var/www/htdocs/favicon.ico"
35 ScriptAlias / "/usr/share/moin/mywiki/moin.cgi/"
36 </VirtualHost>
37
38 Add this to /etc/apache2/conf/commonapache2.conf
39
40 <Directory /usr/share/moin/htdocs/>
41 Order deny,allow
42 Allow from all
43 </Directory>
44
45 <Directory /usr/share/moin/domain.org/>
46 Order deny,allow
47 Allow from all
48 </Directory>
49
50 I'm still getting the same error. I've also changed the /moinmoin directory
51 to be owned by apache instead of root, but that has not had any affect
52 either.
53
54 Any ideas?
55
56 Thanks,
57
58 Shawn
62 "...to raise a signal means to turn the light on; ... Responding to a
63 signal means turning the light off (and, under System V, hoping the
64 bulb won't blow when it's next turned on)..."
65
66 --- Dan Bernstein