From: Bill Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] need more swap
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 00:55:53
1 ah, figured it out - had to be the whole disk, not a partition.
2
3 BillK
6 On Mon, 2010-05-17 at 08:48 +0800, Bill Kenworthy wrote:
7 > I have a one-off number crunching job that needs a large amount of swap.
8 > It is apparently possible to have up to 16TB of swap with an AMD opteron
9 > but I cant find out how - anyone here done this?
10 >
11 > I have a 125GB scssi disk I would like as one large swap but after setup
12 > the kernel can only see 2G (normal i386 is up to 32 2G partitions - I
13 > found that 5G ram and 12G swap wasnt enough so I now want more! :)
14 >
15 > BillK