From: "François-Xavier Carton" <fx.carton@×××××.fr>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] g-cpan equivalent for python
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2019 04:53:32
1 On Sat, Nov 23, 2019 at 11:21:46AM +0100, Dan Johansson wrote:
2 >
3 > OK, thanks for the feedback.
4 > I will look into creating a ebuild for this (not my first ebuild, but
5 > the first that has anything to do with python).
6 > But, I will first try to build it in a "protected" environment like
7 > Ralph suggested just to see if it works at all (would not be the first
8 > time some software does not work is I would like it to).
9 >
10 > Regards,
11 > --
12 > Dan Johansson
14 > This message is printed on 100% recycled electrons!
18 You can also use "pip install --user package", so that the files are
19 installed in ~/.local and don't conflict with the system ones.