From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] haldaemon group/user
Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 18:55:39
1 On Thursday 26 May 2011 17:29:34 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > Apparently, though unproven, at 13:27 on Thursday 26 May 2011, Mick did
3 > opine
4 >
5 > thusly:
6 > > > > I just had a look and noticed that haldaemon is added as a user to a
7 > > > > load of groups. The group 'cdrw' only has haldaemon as a user. What
8 > > > > shall I do with it?
9 > > > >
10 > > > > # less /etc/group | grep haldaemon
11 > > > > disk:x:6:root,adm,haldaemon
12 > > > > floppy:x:11:root,haldaemon
13 > > > > cdrom:x:19:haldaemon,michael
14 > > > > cdrw:x:80:haldaemon
15 > > > > haldaemon:x:1004:haldaemon
16 > > > > plugdev:x:1005:haldaemon,michael
17 > > >
18 > > > You should still delete it.
19 > >
20 > > I assume you mean just the haldaemon, not the group cdrw, right?
21 > >
22 > > Then I leave the cdrw empty with no users, correct?
23 >
24 > Yes, just delete the user. It was created for hal to use and hal needed
25 > membership in various groups to work properly, noticeably for things like
26 > devices in /dev.
27
28 Thanks. Just deleted haldaemon group and user throughout the file.
29 --
30 Regards,
31 Mick