From: Alarig Le Lay <alarig@××××××××××.fr>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] When a package is marked as stable or not?
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2018 12:02:25
1 Hi,
2
3 I’m a little curious about the way a package is considered as stable or
4 ~arch.
5
6 For exemple, app-office/libreoffice-bin is tagged stable but breaks
7 updates on my system since weeks; but on the other hand net-misc/bird is
8 ~arch but I never had major issues with hit (either running and
9 building it).
10
11 My feeling would be to remove the stable keywork from
12 app-office/libreoffice-bin in the same time the default python version
13 has been switched to 3.6, and mark bird (and other packages) as stable
14 since many years.
15
16 But I’m not a gentoo developer, so perhaps there is a good reason that I
17 don’t know.
18
19 Cheers,
20 --