From: Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ignore previous msg (Hotplugging not working)
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 00:32:10
1 Jake Moe <jakesaddress@×××××.com> writes:
2
3 > On 31/08/10 06:57, Allan Gottlieb wrote:
4 >> I plugged into the desktop and looked on the laptop.
5 >>
6 >> Sorry for the noise,
7 >> allan
8 >>
9 > Whups, only looked at the previous thread, didn't see this. Probably
10 > best if you reply to the thread with stuff like this, so we can keep
11 > track of it.
12
13 I thought of that. The problem is that there is quite a delay between
14 my sending the msg and seeing it appear in the newsgroup.
15 I wanted to tell people right away to prevent wasted effort.
16
17 Perhaps I should have "replied" to my local copy (gnus GCC), but then
18 the references would not be right in the newsgroup.
19
20 allan