From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Display corruption
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 23:11:53
1 On Friday, 15 July 2011 07:02:43 William Kenworthy did opine thusly:
2 > Hi, I have just "repurposed" a server to a desktop, added X/gnome
3 > and all the usual apps. However, the display is missing
4 > "characters" or parts of them as the png image shows. Video card
5 > is an inbuilt 82945G/GZ using the o915 driver on a 20" Hitachi CRT
6 > running 1600x1200.
7 >
8 > http://wdk.dyndns.org/Screenshot.png
9 >
10 > What setting have I missed? - appears not to be subpixel smoothing.
11
12 I noticed it's only the b and m characters that are rendered wrong.
13 Does the problem persist if you use a different font? I assume this is
14 displayed in X and not on a text console.
20 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com