From: michael@×××××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] what exactly does rc-update modify?
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 23:48:12
1 I'm ashamed to say that although I've been using Gentoo for awhile now,
2 and installed on over a dozen computers, I use rc-update without knowing
3 exactly what it changes.
4
5 Right now I'm putting Gentoo on a Compact Flash card for a robot. I have
6 a parallel setup on a hard disk, and I do all my emerging and
7 configuring on the hard drive, then copy over just what I need to the
8 Compact Flash card.
9
10 I added a wireless network card, so I ran rc-update to configure it upon
11 booting. I have a configuration I'm happy with on the hard disk, so the
12 question is, what files were modified by rc-update that I need to modify
13 on the CF card?
14
15 Thanks,
16 Michael
17
18 P.s. this robot needs a "gentoo inside" sticker...
19 --
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list