From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: foo uses runscript, please convert to openrc-run
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2016 19:22:43
1 On 2016-09-07 21:04, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2
3 > As to why your laptop and desktop do it differently, I suppose you
4 > have some tweak config behind it all. For now, just consider it magic
5 > and train your eye to ignore it because it really is harmless but
6 > annoying
7
8 The reason I noticed it is because /etc/cron.daily/syslog runs the
9 initscript to restart the daemon after cycling the logs. Which means
10 I'll now be spammed with an email with this message every day (well,
11 every day I use the laptop :-P )
12
13 Also, whatever conf tweak causes the difference will presumably remain
14 in place, so the files will never get fixed unless I take action. I
15 need to track it down.
18 Please *no* private Cc: on mailing lists and newsgroups
19 Why does the arrow on Hillary signs point to the right?