From: Tim Kruse <irrlicht2c@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Kernel updates
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 14:13:06
1 * On 30.10.2005 Qian Qiao wrote:
2
3 >>> # cat /var/lib/portage/world> grep sys-kernel
4
5 I have corrupted your command, but realized it too late, sorry.
6 You originally have written:
7
8 >>> # cat /var/lib/portage/world | grep sys-kernel
11 >> UUOC
12 >
13 > I stand corrected. grep sys-kernel < /var/lib/portage/world is a neater way.
14
15 You don't need the less-than here. grep can work directly on the
16 file.
17
18 % grep sys-kernel /var/lib/portage/world
19
20 So long,
21 tkr
24 You know you're using the computer too much when:
25 You try and use wget to pick up that pizza.
26 -- snakattak3