From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] New AMD hardware. Still can't boot (but making progress).
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2017 23:17:30
1 On 04/28/2017 12:51 PM, Alan Mackenzie wrote:
2 > Hello, Mick and the whole World.
3 >
4 > # Load a linux kernel, passing the root filesystem and init process as parameters
5 > echo "Loading kernel..."
6 > echo "grub_platform = " $grub_platform
7 > gfxpayload=text # For debugging.
8 > linux /vmlinuz-4.9.16-gentoo root=/dev/md127 #rootfstype=btrfs init=/usr/lib/systemd/systemd
9 > echo "just loaded kernel"
10 > boot
11 >
12 > #echo "Loading initramfs..."
13 > #initrd /initramfs-4.7.2.img
14 > }
15
16 Just FYI, I boot off of a RAID10 on imsm, albiet on older hardware. Some
17 time ago there was a change that the kernel would not autoassemble a
18 RAID with a kernel only, you need to use an initramfs. (OK, I just
19 looked and all I find are "my raid won't boot" results rather than the
20 changes I found a couple years ago. But I did try.)
21
22 I spent a couple of days trying to get mine to boot and eventually went
23 hell with it and used dracut to create an initramfs, and it was smooth
24 sailing after that.
25
26 Dan