From: 7v5w7go9ub0o <7v5w7go9ub0o@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [Fwd: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo Rules]
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 20:44:50
1 Volunteer to pick up part of the load, I guess - something that I, as a
2 newbie, am reluctant to do - but I guess I will if filezilla continues
3 to languish.
4
5 There is indeed an issue; e.g. TOR, a popular desktop package, is a
6 release behind; Vidalia, is two releases behind - one a security
7 release. Probably this is the consequence of a busy maintainer, but
8 you'd think someone would pick up the slack (and yes, I've already filed
9 a bugzilla security report on Vidalia).
10
11 OTOH, the good news is that a newbie like me can install an outdated
12 package (e.g. Vidalia); resolve dependencies; uninstall the portage
13 version; download and compile the current version from the developer.

Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo Rules.eml message/rfc822