From: reader@×××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] removing X
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2007 17:39:26
1 I'm attempting to remove X from a former desktop machine now going to
2 see action as a semi-DMZ.
3
4 What is the best way to go about removing X and all its files.
5
6 Removing the basic x11-base/xorg-x11 is easy enough but there appears
7 to be dozens of other X related pkgs installed.
8 x11-proto/* has apparently dozens of relatives installed.
9
10 emerge does not appear to accept globbing or maybe I'm just doing it
11 wrong.
14 Would just passing dozens of command line arguments to emerge be a
15 suitable way to get rid of all the clutter?
18 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list