From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Hardware Problems causing kernel panics during large compiles
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2012 05:52:19
1 This is why I figured you'd want to go without X for the purpose of
2 testing. No X, no framebuffer, the card should have acted like a
3 plane-jane VGA or VESA adapter.
4
5 On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 12:41 AM, Jason Weisberger <jbdubbs@×××××.com> wrote:
6 > Well after a couple hours of trying to get the Radeon HD3300 to
7 > actually start properly so I can test the compilation...... I haven't
8 > done it yet.  Instead I decided to go ape-s**t on the radeon wiki
9 > article which drove me into so many dead ends.
10 >
11 > http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Radeon
12 >
13 > Now that it's up and running, I'm recompiling chromium from inside
14 > gnome 3 with -j5 and I'll report in tomorrow morning.
15 >