From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mesa build failure
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 09:30:00
1 On Friday 26 June 2009 22:02:54 Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 12:30 PM, Alan McKinnon<alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
3 wrote:
4 > > On Friday 26 June 2009 21:05:01 Mark Knecht wrote:
5 > >> So the weirdness continues. mesa built but then xorg-server failed
6 > >> with the same failure:
7 > >>
8 > >>
9 > >> * >>> SetUID: [chmod go-r] /usr/bin/Xorg ...
10 > >> [ ok ]
11 > >>
12 > >> Switching to xorg-x11 OpenGL interface...ln: creating symbolic link
13 > >> `./libglx.so': File exists
14 > >> !!! Error: Failed to create /lib/libglx.so
15 > >
16 > > Looks like you have a file collision between xorg-server and mesa, which
17 > > is odd as those packages get a lot of testing.
18 > >
19 > > Anything on bugs.gentoo.org?
20 >
21 > I haven't looked there yet but I will.
22 >
23 > I'm on a mission here. For this machine I want emerge -e @system to
24 > install NOTHING having to do with X11. After I get to that point,
25 > depclean'ed, revdep'ed, eix-test-obsoleted, then I'm going back to
26 > installing X from scratch. I've just gotten past the emerge -e @system
27 > part now.
28 >
29 > I'm sort of surprised the openssh shows up as part of @system, or it's
30 > getting pulled in somehow, and its default flags are dragging in X.
31
32 USE="X" pulls in x11-apps/xauth so you likely want to disable that flag.
33 >
34 > Sort of anal I suppose but these machine have been neglected for the
35 > last couple of years being stuck with old drivers & old kernels. If
36 > I'm going to try and get the newest ati-drivers working I feel like I
37 > sort of owe it to those developers (and myself) to have as few issues
38 > hanging out as possible.
39
40 Look at it this way: the only known factor that leads to easy-maintainable and
41 sane systems for all is analness coming from the top :-)
44 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com