From: Arnau Bria <arnau@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] hal, how to chose between nvidia and nv
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2009 15:32:59
1 > > tried with only that section, it hangs and had to reboot....
2 >
3 > Did you try the
4 > being-mentioned-here-quite-often-these-days-of-X-trouble trick of
5 > Alt-SysRq-R, followed by Ctrl-Alt-F1?
6 nop, did not remeber key combination, but I don't care if I have to
7 reboot, not the issue in this topic.
8
9 > I have hal support in it, but also still keyboard and mouse sections
10 > in xorg.conf. I also have
11 > Option "AutoAddDevices" "false"
12 > Option "AllowEmptyInput" "false"
13 > in the ServerLayout section to make them still work. so I can easier
14 > switch between using and not using HAL for devices than by
15 > re-compiling with changes USE flags.
16 Ok, but if I have to add input section and nvidia section, what profit
17 do I take from hal? I prefer having my weel know xorg file :-)
20 > Wonko
21 thanks for your reply,
22 Arnau
25 Arnau Bria
26 http://blog.emergetux.net
27 Bombing for peace is like fucking for virginity