From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Netgear AC1750 C7 V2 and IPv6
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2020 09:09:49
1 On Tuesday, 7 January 2020 07:08:04 GMT Dale wrote:
2
3 > Starting a new thread. I got my modem and router all hooked up.
4 > Networking works except IPv6 isn't quite there yet. I even got my cell
5 > phone and printer working again, IP network address changed. I'm almost
6 > certain the modem and my puter has a working IPv6. Going to give some
7 > info but some numbers may be changed, for obvious reasons since I don't
8 > want some weirdo tracking me down. Modem first:
9
10 I'll leave IPv6 congnoscenti to answer your particular questions, but I found
11 that the way to start was with the LAN addressing, only later connecting to
12 the Internet. I think this was the most helpful page:
13
14 https://www.jumpingbean.co.za/blogs/mark/set-up-ipv6-lan-with-linux
15
16 Reading that gave me a much improved understanding of what I was doing.
17
18 HTH.
21 Regards,
22 Peter.