From: Nilesh Govindrajan <me@××××××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] "Unable to change data mode on remount"
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2013 09:56:39
1 On Feb 1, 2013 3:02 PM, "Michael Mol" <mikemol@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > So, after my borked udev upgrade, I had some data corruption; I found
4 > one email containing half of another while in Thunderbird. Either I
5 > hit a software bug, a hardware bug or an unsafe unmount. Of the three,
6 > unsafe unmount is by far the most likely, so I added "data=ordered" to
7 > my fstab entries for my / and /boot mounts.
8 >
9 > Go to reboot this morning, and X won't launch, and / is mounted
10 > read-only. Hidden away in dmesg is a line warning I can't change data
11 > mode on remount.
12 >
13 > So, if I can't set a data= parameter in /etc/fstab, where *do* I set it?
14 >
15 > --
16 > :wq
19 Kernel parameter rootflags