From: Andrea Momesso <momesso.andrea@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Turn off usb power on demand
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 23:24:20
1 On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 11:54 PM, Volker Armin Hemmann <
2 volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de> wrote:
3
4 > On Mittwoch 26 November 2008, Andrea Momesso wrote:
5 > > I have an usb external disk attached to a machine running
6 > > gentoo.
9 > > I only need this disk once a day, when a cron job mounts it, makes
10 > > some
11 > > backups, and then umounts
12 > > it.
16 > > I'd save a lot of electrical power (and I think also disk health) if
17 > > I
18 > > was able to turn on and off electrical power from the usb
19 > > port.
22 > I would play around with the stuff in /sys/bus/usb
25 Looks like I cannot:
26 https://kerneltrap.org/mailarchive/linux-kernel/2008/4/7/1363164
31 Momesso (TopperH) Andrea
32 http://topperh.blogspot.com