From: "Timothy A. Holmes" <tholmes@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] A couple questions
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 17:59:08
1 > On 8/2/06, Timothy A. Holmes <tholmes@×××××××××.net> wrote:
2 > >
3 > > I have a couple things that I am working on and I could use some
4 help:
5 > >
6 > > 1. VPN
7 > >
8 > http://gentoo-portage.com/Search?search=vpn
9 > >
10 > > 2. Backup
11 > >
12 > http://gentoo-portage.com/app-backup
13 > >
14 > > 3. Work Log
15 > >
16 > http://www.google.com/search?q=excel+time+difference
17 > >
18 > > Timothy A. Holmes
19 > Google and Gentoo-Portage are your friend... please use them!
20 >
21 > -Mike
22
23 [Timothy A. Holmes]
24
25 Sorry -- I wrote that initial message in a hurry - and wasn't detailed
26 enough:
27
28 The vpn issue is not the ability to find clients it is the ability to
29 make the clients work. I have tested / tried all the clients listed
30 there and none of them would allow me to connect to my PIX VPN, the
31 idea of a VPN Server surfaced, and that will not work because the PIX
32 insists on glomming on to the vpn traffic instead of letting it past. I
33 was hoping someone had a work around.
34
35 Backup:
36
37 I was hoping someone knew of a way to get my gentoo servers to talk to
38 the BackupExec engine easily -- Amanda and such will not work with
39 windows etc, I exist in a mixed environment and must back up both types
40 of boxes
41
42 Work Log -- hadn't managed to find that one yet -- will investigate
43 further
44
45 Thanks
48 Timothy A. Holmes