From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge -e system - output info/errors to log
Date: Thu, 06 May 2010 13:05:04
1 On 2010-04-18 2:05 PM, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Sun, 18 Apr 2010 13:37:40 -0400, Tanstaafl wrote:
3 >> Like I said, I have a bunch of *individual* logs (for individual
4 >> ebuilds)... I was hoping for something a little easier to manage/read,
5 >> all in one file...
6
7 > My preferred approach is to add mail to PORTAGE_ELOG_SYSTEM to get each
8 > elog message mailed to me. That's still separate message, but I think
9 > that's better as I can mark each one read as I've actioned it, leaving me
10 > with a clear list of what's left to check or do.
11
12 Thanks for this Neil, I like this way much better than working with logs. :)
16 Charles