From: Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Resize /
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 08:09:45
1 · jakommo <jakommo@×××××.com>:
2
3 > Hi Listmembers,
4 >
5 > I have a problem the / Partition on my system is to smal, is there a save
6 > way to resize it?
7 > I know mounting other partitions to e.g. /usr will help but the / is only
8 > 4,6G so it will help only temporarily.
9
10 4.6G for /? That's ridiculous. It doesn't need to be larger than
11 512M, and even that's way too large.
12
13 Well, it doesn't need to be larger than this, if /usr, /var, /opt
14 and /home are on seperate partitions, just like they should be. With
15 EVMS or LVM, that's not at all a problem. I'd like to suggest, that
16 you checkout LVM or EVMS and use that, when you re-setup a system.
17
18 Anyway. With EVMS you can resize even /.
19
20 Alexander Skwar
21 --
22 To get something done, a committee should consist of no more than three
23 persons, two of them absent.
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list