From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] cnn.com flash videos crash firefox
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 15:20:41
1 >> Do cnn.com videos *not* crash for anyone with the latest Firefox?
2 >> This one for example:
3 >>
4 >> http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/01/20/white.house.website/index.html
5 >
6 > Oh, noes!
7 >
8 > I am sorry to tell you that your computer is a redneck republican, and
9 > this is why it's crashing.
10 >
11 > The only cure is to format the hard-drive. :(
12
13 While that is humorous, it doesn't make sense. That's an Obama link.
14
15 Anyway, I'm getting this in the terminal:
16
17 $ firefox
18 LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library
19 /usr/lib64/nsbrowser/plugins/libtotem-complex-plugin.so
20 [/usr/lib64/nsbrowser/plugins/libtotem-complex-plugin.so: undefined
21 symbol: _ZN13nsTArray_base9sEmptyHdrE]
22 Killed
23
24 and I'm re-emerging totem, xulrunner, and firefox to see if that fixes it.
25
26 - Grant