From: Daniel da Veiga <danieldaveiga@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] System Locking Up
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2005 17:03:52
1 On 11/9/05, Peper <peper@×××××.pl> wrote:
2 > My Box sometime locks ups during high load, but it's really strange.
3 > For example emerging ~30 ebuilds in xfce Terminal: after 2h of emerging PC
4 > locked up during kcontrol. After rebooting and again trying to build kcontrol
5 > it locked up 4 times in a row, but compiling it from shell(without running
6 > xorg(xfce)) worked fine.
7
8 Forgot to mention that I had the same problem as Peter with X
9 terminals, from that day on compiles and high demand shell stuff only
10 with tty console.
11
12 > I've tested RAM with bootable cd, disk with extended smart tests and got no
13 > errors...
14 >
15 > --
16 > Best Regards,