From: Mark Shields <laebshade@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] amanda client
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 14:48:10
1 You never know, someone might be willing to make an ebuild for you. If you
2 really want one, I would post on bugs.gentoo.org
3 <http://bugs.gentoo.org>for a feature request.
4
5 On 10/23/05, Jorge Almeida <jalmeida@××××××××××××.pt> wrote:
6 >
7 > On Sat, 22 Oct 2005, Mark Shields wrote:
8 >
9 > > Since google is your friend, if you had searched for "gentoo
10 > amanda-client",
11 > > you would've found some more information. "amanda-client" as your only
12 > > search keyword returns some distros that have seperate server/client
13 > > packages (like Debian, FreeBSD, OpenBSD). But these seem to be, if these
14 > > packages are still active, distro-created seperate packages. If you look
15 > at
16 > > the official website (http://amanda.org), you will see that even the
17 > > official releases don't have seperate server/client packages. The
18 > > server/client all come in the same gzipped tar file. Now, if you were to
19 >
20 > I know that. There are config options to build only the client side.
21 > Just thought there might exist some "hidden" USE variable.
22 >
23 > I guess I'll try to install it to /usr/local, off portage. Less
24 > error-prone than messing with ebuilds.
25 >
26 > > request an ebuild for the client be made (I checked
27 > > bugs.gentoo.org <http://bugs.gentoo.org><http://bugs.gentoo.org>,
28 > > nothing there mentioning a client-only version), or possibly a specific
29 > use
30 > > flag for the ebuild (say amandaserver), someone might be happy enough to
31 > > make one for you (or you can always nudge the package maintainer).
32 > >
33 > I wouldn't expect anyone to write an ebuild _only_ for me. I suppose few
34 > gentooers need only the client side of amanda.
35 > --
36 > Jorge Almeida
37 > --
38 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list