From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Some KDE apps under KDE4 stability
Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2008 15:36:34
1 On Saturday 04 October 2008 16:30:35 Andrew Gaydenko wrote:
2 > Hi!
3 >
4 > I have notice KDE 4.1.2 ebuilds were added to the official protage tree
5 > (still masked though). I'm interested in most brave KDE users' opinions wrt
6 > some concrete KDE apps' stability under KDE4 (in order of importance):
7
8 This all relates to 4.1.1, but should be mostly valid:
9
10 > KMail (without IMAP using)
11
12 Pretty stable. It certainly looks like 3.5.9 build against 4.1
13
14 > Krusader 2.x (core, without 'Useractions')
15
16 Dunno, I don't it use it
17
18 > Phonon (working with ALSA/hdsp)
19
20 Still trying to figure out how to use Phonon :-)
21
22 > Amarok 2.x (dealing with local files only)
23
24 OMFG. Eternal crashes and hangs. Inconsistent collection db. Waaaaaay too much
25 pain for me to entertain it right now.
26
27 > Konsole (he-he :-) )
28
29 Works just fine. A few minor things are missing, like having the current
30 command show in the title bar. But as a terminal it works very well
31
32 > Kima applet
33 > KNetLoad applet (if it works at all)
34 > KSysGuard
35
36 I don't use these at all. GKrellm kicks SysGuard's butt :-)
40 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com