From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: PVSCSI vs LSI Logic Parallel/SAS - WAS: Re: [gentoo-user] Best filesystem for virtualized gentoo mail server - WAS: vmWare HowTo / best practices
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 19:28:52
1 On 2013-04-22 8:56 AM, Andre Lucas Falco <alfalco@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > 2013/4/21 Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org> wrote:
3 >> Windows VMs see get an 'LSI Logic SAS', and my gentoo VM gets an
4 >> 'LSI Logic Parallel' controller.
5
6 > Did you tested using pvscsi? It's improve performance with less cost to
7 > CPU usage.
8
9 No, I didn't...
10
11 It appears there is pvscsi support in the mainline linux kernel, but is
12 it rock-solid? Anyone else here running gentoo linux with this driver
13 for their primary/boot disk controller?
14
15 Also, for my windows server 2008r2 vms, I used the default, which was
16 the LSI SAS... I did search and found the knowledgebase article
17 describing how to change them, but is the gain really worth the trouble
18 (and more importantly, the risk)?