From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] [OT] Still trying to compile hydrogen
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2012 06:38:36
1 Hi,
2
3 I want to compile hydrogen cleanly.
4
5 Since the ebuild of hydrogen fails to compile because
6 the system "linux3" is not known (which happens even
7 when compiled on a linux-2.6*-booted machine)...
8
9 I was pointed to patch which fixes this problem, but
10 unfortunately it only opens the way to the next problem.
11
12 I decided to try to compile hydrogen from vanilla sources
13 and outside the emerge/portage system to better understand
14 wahts happening.
15
16 When doing so, one has to set QTDIR and then run scons.
17
18 Hydrogen needs qt4.
19
20 I set QTDIR to /usr/share/qt4.
21
22 The compilation fails because QtGui could not be found.
23
24 QtGui is here /usr/include/qt4/Qt/QtGui which is a file which
25 includes all relevant header file in one go.
26
27 So I tried to set QTDIR to /usr/include/qt4 but this produces
28 the same problem.
29
30 I decided to hack the relevant file of hydorgen and hardcoded
31 the path to QtGui directly into the include statement. No comments
32 on this please, it is a bad bad ugly thing to do so. I simply
33 wa curious to see next problem...
34
35 And I was not dissappointed. This time the QtGui-file could not
36 find the first header file which it includes:
37
38 #include <QtCore/QtCore>
39
40 To hack also /usr/include/qt4/Qt/QtGui is no way.
41
42 So....either hydrogens build mechanism does not fit the installation
43 of Qt4 on my Gentoo system (Qt4 was installed via emerge/portage) or
44 it has a bug or the problem sits right in front of my monitor and
45 is currently writing a post to the gentoo-users mailinglist... ;)
46
47 In the latter case the chance are not small, that I will be able to
48 fix the problem...
49
50 If I only would know, how ;))
51
52 What did I wrong here?
53
54 Thank you very much in advance for any help!
55
56 Best regards
57 mcc