From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] expat... once again
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2008 17:20:28
1 Hi there!
2
3 Yes, there are still gentoo machines out there running libexpat-1, and I
4 am upgrading one now. I survived several of those upgrades yet, but those
5 were PCs I had better access to, and where a huge revdep-rebuild was no
6 big problem.
7
8 But this machine here is slow, and I do not have powerful distcc hosts for
9 it. And it is powered off in the night. But it should come up back and be
10 able to be used.
11
12 Couldn't I just save /usr/lib/libexpat.* before upgrading libexpat, start
13 revdep-rebuild, and put the old libraries back, so all applications stil
14 have their libraries until revdep-rebuild has finished?.
15
16 Wonko