From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: DST didn't happen: quickinstall doc is wrong...
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 23:04:24
1 On Mon, 12 Mar 2007 15:33:54 -0400, John covici wrote:
2
3 > I wish you could have an option for portage to stop until these things
4 > are acknowledged -- I had a 106 package update of which the timezone
5 > data were a part and I use script and check these little notices,
6 > however its easy to miss such things.
7
8 Portage is supposed to be non-interactive whenever possible. I'd rather
9 take the trouble to read the emails sent out by ELOG than set a 106
10 package emerge running overnight, only to find the next morning that it
11 had stopped after the second package because of a minor warning that could
12 have been emailed or logged.
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 "Bother," said Pooh as he farted in front of a badly placed candle