From: doug asherman <doug@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xfce4 upgrade
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 17:37:47
1 Douglas Linford wrote:
2 > Good Day All,
3 >
4 > I just upgraded xfce4 to 4.4, and the base emerge was successful, but
5 > when I try to emerge the xfce4-extras, I get the following output:
6 >
7 > *************************************************************************************************
8 >
9 > iDeq ~ # emerge -pv xfce4-extras
10 >
11 > These are the packages that would be merged, in order:
12 >
13 > Calculating dependencies... done!
14 > [blocks B ] xfce-extra/xfce4-windowlist (is blocking
15
16 << lots of stuff about blocks and downgrades deleted >>
17
18 > [ebuild N ] xfce-base/xfce4-extras-4.2.3.2 0 kB
19 >
20 > Total: 17 packages (6 downgrades, 11 new, 5 blocks), Size of downloads:
21 >
22 > I unmerged the listed blocks, but I got a message that portage could not
23 > find xfce4-panel-4.4
24 > So...I could not upgrade.
25 > And what is with the downgrades?
26
27 It looks like your system wants to emerge xfce-extras-4.2.3.2 instead of
28 xfce-extras-4.4.0-r1. If you put the line:
29
30 xfce-base/xfce4-extras
31
32 in your /etc/portage/package.keywords file, that should do the trick as
33 far as unmasking xfce4-extras-4.4. However, you'll still need to put the
34 dependencies for xfce4-extras in the package.keywords file. As far as I
35 can tell, these are:
36
37 xfce-extra/xfce4-mount
38 xfce-extra/xfce4-dict
39 xfce-extra/xfce4-taskmanager
40 xfce-extra/xfce4-screenshooter
41 xfce-extra/xfce4-quicklauncher
42 xfce-extra/xfce4-xkb
43 xfce-extra/xfce4-datetime
44 xfce-extra/xfce4-notes
45 xfce-extra/xfce4-fsguard
46 xfce-extra/xfce4-systemload
47 xfce-extra/xfce4-netload
48 xfce-extra/xfce4-cpugraph
49 xfce-extra/xfce4-timer
50 xfce-extra/xfce4-clipman
51 xfce-extra/xfce4-weather
52
53 What kind of dependency issues you might run into with these, I don't
54 know; I haven't actually installed the packages.
55
56 Good luck. Let us know how it turns out.
57
58 Doug
61 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list