From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Disable IPv6 on an interface?
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 16:54:43
1 On 2012-01-17, Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 9:48 AM, Grant Edwards
3 ><grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >> How does one disable IPv6 for a particular interface?
5 >>
6 >> I want eth2 "up" but with no IP address. ?Just doing an "ifconfig eth2
7 >> up" worked fine until I enabled IPv6 support in the kernel. ?Now I get
8 >> a link-local IPv6 address just by bringing the interface up -- and I
9 >> don't want one.
10 >>
11 >> Google has found me the anser for Debian, but for Gentoo all it found
12 >> was somebody else asking the qeustion (with no answers).
13 >
14 > I didn't try it myself, but what about sysctl?
15 >
16 > net.ipv6.conf.eth0.disable_ipv6=1
17 >
18 > or something like that...
19
20 That does it!
21
22 The next question is what do I put in the Gentoo network configuration
23 file (/etc/conf.d/net) to get that result (eth2 up with no IP
24 addresses).
27 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! Like I always say
28 at -- nothing can beat
29 gmail.com the BRATWURST here in
30 DUSSELDORF!!