From: "Michael [Plouj] Ploujnikov" <ploujj@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] cannot print after changing CUPS printer
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 22:49:13
1 > I would try commenting out the line with LOCAL above and check or add
2 > the following:
3 > =====================
4 > User lp
5 > Group lp
6 >
7 > Listen 127.0.0.1:631
8 >
9 > Browsing Off
10 >
11 > SystemGroup lp
12 >
13 > <Location />
14 > Order Deny,Allow
15 > Deny From All
16 > Allow From 127.0.0.1
17 > </Location>
18 >
19 > <Location /admin>
20 >
21 > AuthType Basic
22 > AuthClass System
23 >
24 > Order Deny,Allow
25 > Deny From All
26 > Allow From 127.0.0.1
27 >
28 > </Location>
29 > =====================
30 >
31 > If the above setting works you can start tightening things further,
32 > including encryption, etc. if this machine is exposed to the elements
33 > of nature. :-)
36 My config is already almost exactly like that, except that my config
37 does not specify:
38 Listen 127.0.0.1:631
39
40 and this was enabled to allow other local CUPS servers (on a laptop
41 computer) to print to my printer:
42
43 BrowseAddress @LOCAL
44
45 I tried adding "Listen 127.0.0.1:631" but cups actually refused to
46 start because it was "
47 Unable to bind socket for address 00000000:631 - Address already in use."
48
49 my CUPS automatically listens on: 0.0.0.0:631
50 --
51 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list