From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Normal disk speed?
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2010 14:41:46
1 Daniel Troeder <daniel <at> admin-box.com> writes:
4 > As I read about the nice performance of btrfs with compression I tried
5 > it out two weeks ago. I'll be posting my benchmarks to this list soon.
6 > Until now I didn't have any problems, but still would not use btrfs on
7 > production systems.
8
9 What tool(how) did you setup btrfs?
10 As I'm going to use it (test it) on an old
11 drive (system), with / /boot and swap all
12 using btrfs.........
13
14 Fdisk(gentoo_handbook)?
15
16 What would a grub entry look like?
17
18 /etc/fstab ?
19
20 Other affected files?
21
22 Well, I'm going to take the BTRFS plung. Any words
23 of wisdom, howto's or caveats are most welcome.
26 James