From: Jacques Montier <jmontier@×××××.com>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] dropbox on xfce
Date: Sun, 12 May 2013 14:48:20
1 Hi Luis,
2
3 I don't se any thunar-dropbox in portage....
4 You could install gnome-extra/nautilus-dropbox.
5 I work on xfce and dropbox is launched with xfce starting (dropbox.desktop
6 in ~/.config/autostart) ; everything works fine.
7
8 Cheers,
11 Jacques
14 2013/5/12 luis jure <ljc@××××××××××××.uy>
17 > any hints how to make dropbox work on xfce? google returned many hits for
18 > other distributions, or for gentoo but on kde or gnome.
19 >
20 > i installed net-misc/dropbox and xfce-extra/thunar-dropbox but all i can
21 > do is upload files with a browser on the website (that is, it recognizes
22 > i have dropbox installed in my computer).
23 >
24 > if i run dropbox from the terminal an icon appears on the tray, but it
25 > doesn't do anything. a Dropbox directory was created in my home, but it is
26 > empty and doesn't show the files i uploaded. thunar-xfce doesn't do
27 > anything either.
28 >
29 > i installed dropbox on a netbook with xubuntu (also running xfce) and it
30 > just worked. the Dropbox folder shows my uploaded files, and the tray icon
31 > responds.
32 >
33 > unfortunately i need dropbox to work on a project with some colleagues
34 > that are using dropbox to share the files.
35 >
36 > any help would be very appreciated.