From: n952162 <n952162@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] where are the version numbers of a profile stored?
Date: Sun, 07 Jun 2020 18:06:33
1 On 2020-06-07 19:31, n952162 wrote:
2 > When I do an emerge --sync, various ebuilds are loaded onto my system,
3 > co-existing with other ebuilds, possibly from the same package. What
4 > determines which package version is to be used?
5 >
6 > I assumed this was specified by the profile (e.g. 17.1), but I can't
7 > find any version numbers in /etc/portage/make.profile/
11 I just tried using a wildcard with this equery module:
12
13  (l)ist                  list package matching PKG
14
15 and got basically what I needed
16
17     $ equery list \* | grep readline
18     sys-libs/readline-7.0_p5-r1
19
20 Although, I'm still curious where that information is stored.