From: Jarry <mr.jarry@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] How can I find 2nd network adapter?
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2014 16:30:57
1 Hi Gentoo-users,
2
3 I added the 2nd network adapteer to my gentoo-box and I want
4 to use it. But... I do not know how it is called!
5
6 ifconfig shows only the one adapter I had, called "enp3s0".
7 I remember some time ago I moved from "human" network names
8 (i.e. eth0) to this and now I see the first disadvantage:
9 while before I could guess new network name (probably eth1,
10 eth2, etc), now I can not. I tried "enp4s0", "enp3s1",
11 "enp4s1" but I always get only "No such device" error.
12
13 I checked gentoo-handbook but it works with those old & good
14 network devices (eth0, eth1).
15
16 So how can I find name of the new network adapter?
17
18 Jarry
19 --
21 This mailbox accepts e-mails only from selected mailing-lists!
22 Everything else is considered to be spam and therefore deleted.