From: ny6p01@×××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] HP A8 laptop install
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 01:43:00
1 On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 01:27:25AM +0100, Stroller wrote:
2 >
3 > On 14 May 2012, at 20:12, James wrote:
4 > > ?
5 > > I inserted a 12.0 lived DVD. It put for
6 > > small gentoo symbols across the top, then went
7 > > blank after 3 minutes. The DVD drive was very active
8 > > for about 5 minutes then silence?
9 > >
10 > > Any suggestions or install guides are most welcome.
11 >
12 > I boot from a SystemRescueCD and follow the Gentoo quick install guide.
13 >
14 > This has never failed me.
15 >
16 > Stroller.
17
18 The QIG is for 'experts.' I don't know what the OP's level of expertise with
19 Gentoo is, but you can easily lose your way with the QIG if you don't know
20 what you're doing. JMHO!
21
22 The official Install Guide has never failed me using the minimal install CD.
23 You can really use any CD you have, the process stays the same.
24
25 Terry