From: William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] dhcpcd is too noisy in syslog
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 12:11:31
1 On Mon, 2007-04-23 at 08:03 -0500, Fabio A Correa wrote:
2 > You can also try to add the following to your /etc/conf.d/net:
3 >
4 > dhcpcd_eth0=( "-l 3600" )
5 >
6 didnt work :(
7
8 Its an old dlink DSL-300 that has been running for years without
9 problems. I suspect its always been giving out 60 second leases
10 (possibly via the ISP) - that in itself is not a problem. But I would
11 certainly like to cut down on the logging. Filtering without removing
12 wanted messages (like changes in IP - the ISP uses dynamic IP - prob why
13 its 60 second leases I guess)
14
15 There is still the question - why is the new dhcpcd so verbose. What is
16 a better alternative (dhcpcd is a bit of a problem at times anyway -
17 refusing to work nicely with the DSL-300. When this happens, a manual
18 configuration will work every time)
19
20 BillK
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list