From: gevisz <gevisz@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Firefox crashes on some www-pages on a newer Gentoo system
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2018 09:34:00
1 2018-08-01 2:41 GMT+03:00 Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com>:
2 >> > It even more strengthens my impression than I should first
3 >> > play with reconfiguring the kernel.
4 >>
5 >> I have loaded the new Gentoo system using the kernel from the old one
6 >> with no change in Firefox behaviour on https://www.privat24.ua/#login
7 >> page: it crashed as was described before.
8 >>
9 >> So, playing with the kernel configuration will not help. :(
12 > I think this "This looks like a radeon video driver problem. You could go
13 > into a loop of rebuilding xorg, mesa, dev-libs/nss, what-ever and see if
14 > things improve" is the best suggestion so far.
15 >
16 > I would do something like 'emerge -1 xorg-server xorg-drivers
17 > @x11-module-rebuild mesa llvm clang' then restart X and try again.
18
19 Thank you for your reply.
20
21 Initially, I understood the above recomendation as the suggestion to
22 rebuild the packages mentioned above with different use flags.
23
24 Do you think that rebuilding them with the same use flags may help?
25
26 The said problem appeared just since the intallation of the new
27 Gentoo system in January-February 2018 and not since changing
28 the major version of gcc this spring.
29
30 P.S. clang is not installed on my Gentoo system at all.