From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] g-cpan creates a file collision problem
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2009 20:01:11
1 On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 2:46 PM, Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I'm trying to install a perl module with g-cpan and it wants to
3 > install perl-gcpan/Date-Manip-5.54 as a dependency of the perl module
4 > I want to install. I already have dev-perl/DateManip-5.54 installed
5 > so I'm getting a file collision error. Does anyone know how to fix
6 > this?
7 >
8 > * Detected file collision(s):
9 > *
10 > * /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/Date/Manip.pm
11 > * /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/Date/Manip.pod
12
13 Are the files from both packages identical? If so, you can ignore the
14 collision (but if you unmerge one or the other, maybe they will
15 disappear and break the remaining package). If they are not identical,
16 then I guess you cannot have these two packages installed at the same
17 time without some manipulation (no pun intended).