From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] X USE flag
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 08:34:47
1 On Tue, 31 Oct 2006 09:13:17 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2
3 > I let the emerge run anyway last night, took about 2 hours for 143
4 > packages, lots of them just fonts which install quickly. So now I guess
5 > It'll have to be done again in a day or three.
6
7 If you add X to /var/db/pkg/category/package-version/IUSE for each of
8 the affected packages, portage won't try to emerge them again.
9
10 It's a kludge, but it works if portage was only going to build the same
11 files again.
15 Neil Bothwick
16
17 Help! I've fallen and I can't get down! - James Brown