From: Daniel Iliev <daniel.iliev@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [SOLVED] package.provided
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 04:00:18
1 On Tue, 8 Jan 2008 21:53:54 +0000
2 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
5 > > (2) echo media-video/mplayer-1.0_rc2_p24929-r2
6 > > >> /etc/portage/package.provided
7 >
8 > This should be /etc/portage/profile/package.provided
9 >
10 > man portage explains the location and function of these files.
15 That was it. Obviously I've read what I had expected to see instead of
16 what is really written. Now I get e big fat warning from emerge and
17 all works as expected:
18
19 ===
20
21 WARNING: A requested package will not be merged because it is listed in
22 package.provided:
23
24 media-video/mplayer pulled in by 'world'
25
26 This problem can be solved in one of the following ways:
27
28 A) Use emaint to clean offending packages from world (if not
29 installed).
30 B) Uninstall offending packages (cleans them from world).
31 C) Remove offending entries from package.provided.
32
33 The best course of action depends on the reason that an offending
34 package.provided entry exists.
35 ===
38 Perfect! Thanks guys!
41 Best regards,