From: Enrico Weigelt <weigelt@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: Follow-up on the HDD problems...
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 20:07:40
1 * Nelson, David (ED, PAR&D) <David.Nelson2@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
2
3 Hi,
4
5 > Unfortunately software developers can do a lot to your system
6 > under the guise of "copy protection". I for one think that
7 > there should be a written warning on the back of the box of
8 > every game that installs software on your PC for the purpose
9 > of copy protection. Some such as Starforce can cause havoc
10 > with a system.
11
12 There also were some rumors about trojans on audio discs.
13 I'd really like to get one of those discs into my fingers,
14 for an forensic analysis + criminal information.
15
16 Installing trojans is criminal (at least in .de), and should
17 be treated as such.
20 cu
21 --
23 Enrico Weigelt == metux IT service - http://www.metux.de/
25 Please visit the OpenSource QM Taskforce:
26 http://wiki.metux.de/public/OpenSource_QM_Taskforce
27 Patches / Fixes for a lot dozens of packages in dozens of versions:
28 http://patches.metux.de/
30 --
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list